So, people. I have just realized that our summer will be crashing to a close in exactly six weeks. Six. Weeks. That is 42 blessed, lazy days until we are right back to the Pledge of Allegiance and algebra. Sigh. I am trying my best to stay 29 forever, but the calendar conspires.
Still, there are 42 days to go, enough beautiful days for a fat summer bucket list and 60,480 minutes of memories (if you can stay awake.) So here, in no particular order, are some potential bucket list items for your consideration. May your days be long and sticky.
- Find a lactose-free homemade ice cream recipe that is to die for. (Baby boy, this one’s for you!)
- See a wild animal in its natural habitat. Ducks, dogs, and squirrels don’t count.
- Introduce the kids to Great Movie of the Past (insert title here: ________________). Bonus points if they like it.
- Visit an under-appreciated state park.
- Read a classic you’ve been putting off. (Better pick a short one.)
- Reread an all-time favorite. (Better not waste this one on something mediocre!)
- Paint something.
- Clean out a box in the basement. (It’s like 20 degrees cooler down there!)
- Eat at an outdoor restaurant.
- Go to an outdoor concert.
- Take the small fry garage-sale-ing with five bucks apiece. Best deal of the day wins a Frosted Lemonade from Chick Fil A.
- Waterslides. Waterskiing. Rita’s Water Ice.
- Rock a dorky hat.
- Use the grill once a week.
- Use the crock pot once a week.
- Teach the world’s dumbest dog a new trick. And give him a bath, for crying out loud.
- Buy a happy trinket for the back yard—wind chimes? bird bath? flamingo?
- Peaches at the farmer’s market.
- Low budget games and freezing cold drinks/dessert with friends. Corn hole, anyone? Catan night?
- Take another whack at tubing down a Colorado river. Wear proper tennis shoes this time.
- Cracker Jacks at a baseball game.
- Fireworks and sparklers.
- Fly fishing? Seize the carp!
- Mark everybody’s height inside the closet door.
- Pray the hours.
- Drink your morning coffee, outside, with a Bible.
- Take one good, nontraditional family picture.
- Do something unexpected and kind for somebody else’s children.
Other ideas? Do share! Summer is short, y’all. Don’t let those thirty thousand days slip by.
Photo on <a href=”https://visualhunt.com/re/4e8d34″>VisualHunt</a>
What a load of fun things! Enjoy…
Kate, I love this!
You have such a way with words. So many great ideas, made me want to get started right away, and check off ones I have done already done this summer.
Enjoy the rest of the summer with Mike and the kids.🎉🎆🎢