Thomas Edison is known to have said, “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
10,000? Here are a few.
1. Whining doesn’t work. Just makes yucky things take longer.
2. Being crabby. Ditto.
3. Being prideful. Love falling on my face, but perchance a little humility goes a long way?
4. Keeping score. (The winner never really wins.)
5. Making the wrong thing the main thing and missing the moment that counts.
6. What is the opposite of faith? Snatching the reins and going the wrong way? Much harder to go blind with only an invisible hand to guide, but you’ll never have to backtrack.
7. Being really, really cautious. Sometimes you just have to take the risk.
8. Procrastinating. But wait, I like that one! Maybe I can procrastinate just a little.
9. Taking things for granted. Every day is a miracle. Just ask the guy who lost everything — you probably know him.
10,000 ways that won’t work, one that will. Today may we live faith, hope, and love.
What a special treat to read a little something from you on a regular basis! It made my day when I saw you were starting a blog. Love you sweet friend and so look forward to hearing your “voice” from day to day!